About the Program
Successful contract management is a source of competitive edge, sustainability and growth for service providers in the oil and gas industries. As major International Oil Companies (IOCs) try to get more value out of every dollar spent, service providers in the oil and gas industry need cutting edge competence in contract management in order to deliver value to the contracting organizations and financial value to their own bottom line in return.
This course is designed to provide delegates with competencies in pre-award and post-award contract management.
Who should attend?
- Bid and Tender Administrators and Executives
- Project Managers, Site Managers and Supervisors
- Relationship Managers and Key Account Managers
- Executives involved in the tendering process and contract management
- Understanding the tendering and bid management process
- Understanding the formation and elements of a binding contract
- Resolution of contractual issues and managing risk in contracts
- Understanding the composition, roles and responsibilities of the contract management team
- Managing relationships as a service provider
- Ability to set up contract management tools, channels and control systems
- Learn negotiation techniques and best practices is contract negotiation
Day One – Overview of Supply Chain Management and Pre-Award Contract Management
Introduction to Supply Chain Management
Pre-Award Contract Management
- The tendering/bid management process
- Understanding the buyer’s perspective (Buyer/Sellers Perspective Session)
- Understanding the scope of work, cost model and contract type (lump sum, unit rates, call-off, milestone contracts). Using work break down structure.
- Principles of contract negotiation
- Forming the contract/Writing the contract document (Understanding Contracts, contract laws and risk management in the contracting process).
- Setting contract performance objectives
Day Two – Post Award Contract Management and Contract Close Out
- Contract initiation meeting and contract planning
- Managing Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
- Document control and contract reporting
- Scope variation: Managing changes in the contracting process
- Claims, terminations and dispute management
- Defects liability and warranty period
- Invoicing, payment and contract close out
The Contract Management Course is a 2 days learning event.